Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Covers

NHTom

So one of my big pet peeves is when dust builds up in tolex. None of my gear are "wall hangers" or as they say with motorcycles "trailer queens", but I like to keep my stuff looking decent. I don't baby my guitars, but I'll also wipe down a guitar full of nicks and dings...just my ocd kicking in.

Well, most amp companies make head covers and cab covers to keep the dust off. My problem with these is that they are separate parts. Therefore if you want to put the cab cover on, you have to remove the head, then put the head back and cover that.

Problem solved. I work in the marina/snowmobile business, so I had our canvas guy make me covers for my amps. They are just dust covers.........not form fit or anything. Only measured by overall length/width/height.

The material is what is used on boat tops, so it is just stiff enough that you can slide if off the amp in one pull and partially holds its shape so it slides back on like a sleeve.

101_1322_zpsjk8osvn5.jpg

For me, they do exactly what I need and don't cost a fortune like many of the OEM ones.

NHTom

Whatever it takes, and whatever works.

I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini that not only fits perfectly into a Sterilite storage bin with handles, but at the gig it doubles as the stand as well. It's waterproof, stows nicely in my 'vault' when not in use, and cost under twenty bucks to boot.

Whatever it takes, and whatever works.

I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini that not only fits perfectly into a Sterilite storage bin with handles, but at the gig it doubles as the stand as well. It's waterproof, stows nicely in my 'vault' when not in use, and cost under twenty bucks to boot.

Perfect!

NHTom

it's not as OCD as you would kid yourself to thinking.

Those covers will keep away the dust, and,, even some % of unwanted moisture depending on time of year.

I cover my stuff when we're dong jamming, takes a second to throw the sheets I use over them.

I have covers for all my combos, and they are always religiously used when I move them. my marshall combo is close to 20 years old.

You'd never know it was that age based on the condition of the exterior, just about mint.

it's not as OCD as you would kid yourself to thinking.

Those covers will keep away the dust, and,, even some % of unwanted moisture depending on time of year.

I cover my stuff when we're dong jamming, takes a second to throw the sheets I use over them.

I have covers for all my combos, and they are always religiously used when I move them. my marshall combo is close to 20 years old.

You'd never know it was that age based on the condition of the exterior, just about mint.

Man I'm kinda pissed off. I bought an amp last month, great BTW...For anyone who wants a $2500 Mesa Boogie for about $700. The Bugera Tri-Rec Infinuim series, (quite honestly better than any boutique, or tweed I've owned and still does Blackstar/Roland dirty gain) which is one hell of an amplifier.

Now they said in the advert that it came with a cover....I searched the box over like the TSA in my ballsack at the airport with no avail. Now I always keep a tapestry in on my cabs...I have a U.S. Flag, (hung upside down), a California Flag, (When we toured with Jawbreaker and The Bouncing Souls in New Jersey and surrounding areas) and about 6 Betty Page poses. I just don't like to advertise product and would rather advertise my opinion.

I digress. My newest (and favorite) amp head was to come with a cover, and it's quite open with the tubes glowing like a gaslight just egging me on to try to pull something new off, and I can say it's rather delicate and should have a cover, but there was none in the box. I called the retailer, and they sent me one in the mail if I promise to give a positive review about thier customer service. Well, I will but this one bugs me a lil.

95563-d46b11154b95cab016913ce1df4486a8.jpg

!!! get the torches and rope !!!!

so in some store, some where, there's covers laying about with the amps they "cover" long gone..

bastids!

I had to have covers made for my marshall, cab and my Gibson Goldtone combo. In fact, the lovely Mrs Blast made the one for my gold tone for me.

Archived