Gibson Brands Forums

My First Les Paul

D4RK_4DV3NT

Beautiful guitar man' date=' congratulations! So you bought it in the US and had it shipped to japan??? Are you serious? How brave of you... (yep, thats the word). I dont think I would have trusted a store to send it overseas...

Its nice to see a person that values what gibson does for us (new designs, new options, and such) instead of all those whiners about how the axcess is not a les paul =D> or how the dark fire is not a les paul =P~ or that they would have liked them to have this and that... =P~

Congratulations![/quote']

Well, I'd have bought locally, but I don't know of any REAL guitar stores nearby. I did find a couple of guitar stores, but the guitars being sold were these brands I'd never even heard of before. The one and only guitar I recognized was an ugly Epiphone Les Paul with an unforgiving chip in the paint on the front...not that I'd have bought it anyway. haha Having things shipped right now is the only way I can go. =P~

BEAUtiful guitar brother! Now you have a sweet collection. What's next?

Next I'm going to buy an amp! It's very unfortunate, but the only amp I have right now is a solid state Line 6 amp. I was very interested in the Line 6 Spider Valve 212, being that it's a tube amp with a lot of options. Anyway, lemme ask you guys...what's a great tube amp for playing a variety of music from blues to classic rock to metal??

Still need pics of that Emerald Burst Axcess. Who's holding?

Mannnn, I tried scouring the internet for pictures of that green one, but it's HARD to find...

Anyway, here's the ONLY two pictures I could find...these pictures, taken from another forum, were taken from an eBay auction which ended a long time ago. Sorry that there's no straight body shot...BUT it does show you what the color looks like...

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4990/img3781jv7.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5364/img3729rf3.jpg

The amp choice is tought as there are so many choices out there, it depends on your tastes and budget. I am a HUGE fan of Mesa Boogie amps, if you want a new one with a warrenty, then take a look at the Lone Star, Lone Star Classic, 5:25 Express and 5:50 Express. Mesa has the best customer service I've ever run across, hands down. All of the Boogies that I listed offer multiple power settings from 5 or 10 watts to 25 or 50 watts, choice of power tubes from EL84s to 6L6s, excellent cleans, excellent reverb and killer dirty sounds. I have an older Boogie Blue Angel and I love it. The Boogies are built like tanks and incredibly reliable and have great resale value.

Some of the forumites here are in love with thier VOX amps and it's hard to argue against them. If you want a lower cost amp that sounds great, take a look at the new VOX Night Train.

My .02

My experience with amps is limited, but I think I was lucky to get it right on my second choice. I have a Line 6 Spider III and a Vox AC15 CC1. Our band's other guitarists uses a Fender Blues Jr.

I love the Vox. I must admit the Blues Jr. is awesome also. The Blues Jr. seems to reach break up point at a lower volume level, so it's easy to get to that classic rock sound without breaking glass. The Vox takes a bit more volume to get to that sweet spot, but the clean tones have that remarkable chimey bell sound that Vox is known for. Keep in mind I'm half def.

So tell me how long do you need to live in Japan before you get that stupid Styx song out of your head.

My experience with amps is limited' date=' but I think I was lucky to get it right on my second choice. I have a Line 6 Spider III and a Vox AC15 CC1. Our band's other guitarists uses a Fender Blues Jr.

I love the Vox. I must admit the Blues Jr. is awesome also. The Blues Jr. seems to reach break up point at a lower volume level, so it's easy to get to that classic rock sound without breaking glass. The Vox takes a bit more volume to get to that sweet spot, but the clean tones have that remarkable chimey bell sound that Vox is known for. Keep in mind I'm half def.

So tell me how long do you need to live in Japan before you get that stupid Styx song out of your head. [/quote']

Yeah, I don't know much about amps either...I have heard a lot about the Mesa Boogie amps and VOX, but for some reason I'm really interested in the Line 6 Spider Valve 212. I'm just not sure if it's a good amp or not.

Also, did you see the two links to the green Axcess I found? They're not the greatest pictures, but they show the finish.

Archived