Gibson Brands Forums

Homecoming

Hogeye

Well it's that time of year and it's great. The "Gibson Homecoming" is off to a great start and there are some new faces and a lot of old friends. The weather is wonderful. Sunny clear skies and nice warm temps up in the high 80's.

Ren is here as promised and he looks great. He really and truly looks 20 years younger. His new job seems to agree with him and he is going to get to spend more time in Montana so we are all happy about that. He really does look great. Everyone is happy to see him and the questions are flying. Music Villa looks great and Paul and his staff are ready for the folks. Lots of great guitars.

Glenn is here from California. Glenn is a much valued and well liked Gibson employee and he was present for the first "Homecoming". He will be at Gibson days today as well as all the other events and is probably the nicest guys Gibson has on staff. What a pleasure to see him again.

The "Homecoming" is not quite as good as it could be. The founder and the guy in charge is not here this year but we hope to see him again next year. He is known as the Guitarstummer here on the Forum and he is dearly missed.

Val has stepped in and is doing the 'strummer's job and doing it quite well. As many of you know she retired from Gibson a short time ago and she like Ren looks amazing. Val is making her own guitars and is relaxed and loving life. It's amazing the transformation she and Ren have made. They must have been under a lot of stress but that's all gone now.

AMP or Anne is here and we miss RAR so much. He was a great friend to Gibson and all the folks at the "Homecoming". None of us will ever forget him and it's just wonderful that she keeps up the family tradition.

I'm sure that as things get back to normal and folks get home they will be posting photos and thoughts. We hope to see more of you next year so start planning.

Well it's that time of year and it's great. The "Gibson Homecoming" is off to a great start and there are some new faces and a lot of old friends. The weather is wonderful. Sunny clear skies and nice warm temps up in the high 80's.

Ren is here as promised and he looks great. He really and truly looks 20 years younger. His new job seems to agree with him and he is going to get to spend more time in Montana so we are all happy about that. He really does look great. Everyone is happy to see him and the questions are flying. Music Villa looks great and Paul and his staff are ready for the folks. Lots of great guitars.

Glenn is here from California. Glenn is a much valued and well liked Gibson employee and he was present for the first "Homecoming". He will be at Gibson days today as well as all the other events and is probably the nicest guys Gibson has on staff. What a pleasure to see him again.

The "Homecoming" is not quite as good as it could be. The founder and the guy in charge is not here this year but we hope to see him again next year. He is known as the Guitarstummer here on the Forum and he is dearly missed.

Val has stepped in and is doing the 'strummer's job and doing it quite well. As many of you know she retired from Gibson a short time ago and she like Ren looks amazing. Val is making her own guitars and is relaxed and loving life. It's amazing the transformation she and Ren have made. They must have been under a lot of stress but that's all gone now.

AMP or Anne is here and we miss RAR so much. He was a great friend to Gibson and all the folks at the "Homecoming". None of us will ever forget him and it's just wonderful that she keeps up the family tradition.

I'm sure that as things get back to normal and folks get home they will be posting photos and thoughts. We hope to see more of you next year so start planning.

Nice to hear from the Homecoming, Hogeye!

I've only been to three, maybe four, but I was at HC1 long time ago. And I remember Glenn from that one; he did a whole bunch of setups and free string changes for us!

Sorry to hear that Mike couldn't make it -- he's the heart of the thing!

IMGP6172.jpg

IMGP6151.jpg

I bought a J-185 at that HC from Music Villa that year -- wish I was there again this year, but c'est la vie!

Fred

Hi Hogeye... This has been a bad couple of months here... I t would of been great to go to the Homecoming and see you all.. I hope so see you in the summer .. we will be passing through there again.. I think were New Mexico bound again..

Hope you all had a good time..

Archived