Gibson Brands Forums

Epip ft-130sb

I'm trying to find out informing my epip ft-130 sb. More importantly the adjustable saddle. Are there parts still available for the amuse able saddle. This is my first guitar that I got when I was 13. My dad bought at the pawn shop because he didn't think I would take it to seriously. So any help or info or just point me in the right direction. Thanks

ssislander,

Which parts do you need specifically?

There is the base (glued-on) wooden bridge, which has holes drilled for the six bridge pins.

There are the six bridge pins, of course.

Then there is the bone or plastic saddle.

And then, finally, is the metal saddle holder (slotted rail) with the two adjustable nuts.

I have had good luck on all but the metal parts right there on amazon.

They are generic parts, but all will do nicely, as a rule.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=guitar+parts

ssislander,

Which parts do you need specifically?

There is the base (glued-on) wooden bridge, which has holes drilled for the six bridge pins.

There are the six bridge pins, of course.

Then there is the bone or plastic saddle.

And then, finally, is the metal saddle holder (slotted rail) with the two adjustable nuts.

I have had good luck on all but the metal parts right there on amazon.

They are generic parts, but all will do nicely, as a rule.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=guitar+parts

Of course it's the metal bits i need. I could use a saddle holder, the one I have now works but is not in the bed of shape. I am missing one of the screws for the adjustable saddle mechanism. I have not been able to find much information on theses Japanese epips with the adjustable saddle configuration. Much less parts availability

I wonder if I could put a jazz tail piece on with a taller bridge/ saddle with a floating humbucker. A basic archtop setup. Or is it worth it to leave it in original shape. Now remember I got this in 1988 when I was 13 I its been " used". And I know everybody has their own views but since you have one what is your opinion? And thanks for reaching out and sharing the info.

You might consider replacing the adjustable mechanism with a fixed saddle. My approach has always been to use the adjustable until/unless it malfunctions. There are a couple ways of achieving that, and lots of information available here and elsewhere about how to do it. It'd be, to my way of thinking, more sensible than turning the instrument into a cross between a camel and a jackass.

Pulling the bridge is going to do a number to the finish. It's a fairly big bridge anyway, yes there are bigger ones. I guess my concern with that would be how to get it off with out cracking the clear coat or do I just count on having a layer of clear sprayed on after repairs anyway. This is the only ft-130 I have ever seen so I can't compare it side by side. Other then sentimental value. Are these guitars worth the investment. I don't buy and trade, I have only let one guitar go in 27 years. I have 9 now so I try to get things I'm going to like and keep. This just happened to be the one my dad saw at the pawn store for $50 and bought it for me.

Pulling the bridge is going to do a number to the finish. It's a fairly big bridge anyway, yes there are bigger ones. I guess my concern with that would be how to get it off with out cracking the clear coat or do I just count on having a layer of clear sprayed on after repairs anyway. This is the only ft-130 I have ever seen so I can't compare it side by side. Other then sentimental value. Are these guitars worth the investment. I don't buy and trade, I have only let one guitar go in 27 years. I have 9 now so I try to get things I'm going to like and keep. This just happened to be the one my dad saw at the pawn store for $50 and bought it for me.

After thinking over this I'm just going to try to repair it back to original, but that still leaves me with the problem of not being able to finding this screw for the saddle. And epiphone customer service where completely useless and uninterested in helping. I was told they don't keep a list of parts for all of their guitars just some of them. Just someone on the phone who didn't want to be bothered. So any help or direction would be great.

With a baby due Dec 1 I have a ton of projects to due and I would like to get this done before the baby is born.

Any advise of how to treat the finish. I got this when I was 13 and it is scratched and marked some. So I would like to clean up the finish some to make it up better. Thanks for all the help and information

Archived