Gibson Brands Forums

tremelo mod for Epi Genesis

ambrs57

I got my Epi Genesis 2 years ago and I love it. I've played and owned guitars of different stripes, but this is my favorite and the one I use most of the time. The only thing lacking was a good tremelo. How to get one without routing and risking my Genesis? Enter the Stetsbar. I found this on the net and after a bit of research, ordered one and installed it. I had two SGs with Bigsbys, and a Charvel with a Floyd Rose. The Stetsbar is the best I've ever used. And the good news is that it installs easily with no routing or changes to the guitar. Just pull the bridge and stoptail, gently remove the bridge bushings (there's a great youtube video demonstrating how to do this with an easy to make tool from cheap parts at Home Depot) and attach the Stetsbar to the stop-tail bushings. Clear instructions are included as to how to set the Stetsbar up, then adjust action and intonation and you are ready to go.. The nut will need some graphite, and it works great. Here are before and after pics. The Stetsbar is not cheap, but worth every penny.

WP_20140429_001_zpsup0xca1a.jpgWP_20160701_12_11_14_Pro_zpskajly5hs.jpg

I got my Epi Genesis 2 years ago and I love it. I've played and owned guitars of different stripes, but this is my favorite and the one I use most of the time. The only thing lacking was a good tremelo. How to get one without routing and risking my Genesis? Enter the Stetsbar. I found this on the net and after a bit of research, ordered one and installed it. I had two SGs with Bigsbys, and a Charvel with a Floyd Rose. The Stetsbar is the best I've ever used. And the good news is that it installs easily with no routing or changes to the guitar. Just pull the bridge and stoptail, gently remove the bridge bushings (there's a great youtube video demonstrating how to do this with an easy to make tool from cheap parts at Home Depot) and attach the Stetsbar to the stop-tail bushings. Clear instructions are included as to how to set the Stetsbar up, then adjust action and intonation and you are ready to go.. The nut will need some graphite, and it works great. Here are before and after pics. The Stetsbar is not cheap, but worth every penny.

WP_20140429_001_zpsup0xca1a.jpgWP_20160701_12_11_14_Pro_zpskajly5hs.jpg

Nice clean installation, looks great. Glad it's doing what you want with no fuss!

Archived