Gibson Brands Forums

All these nikki sixx basses

Basshole

Now I love the basses, great playablity and I love the passive sound, BUT after the last nikki sig bass came out, its made me think, Is this just a way to suck money out of all those fans and player who like these basses. I have nothing against people who bought this bass but I mean, how many is he going to make?

All the signature guitars (basses also) usually try to emulate to particular setups of artist, with the custom mods and everything, it's not a bad thing and makes good business sense from the manufacturers stand point in order to sell more instruments. I really like new Nikki Sixx Tbird it looks great!

• 3 weeks later...

My Nikki Sixx Blackbird is by far the best Thunderbird I've ever played. I didn't care that it was the Motley Crue bass - or was a signature model -who cares. I actually am glad however that it says "Blackbird" as opposed to "Sixx-bird" or something like that. This thing has awesome tone - even unplugged. Sounds like an upright bass. Maybe I got lucky - who knows. If nothing else, having some more Nikki Sixx basses brings attention to the Gibson basses. Keep in mind also - that all the "Les Pauls" ou there are technically "signature" guitars as well. The only reason they put the LEs PAul name on those guitars was to increase sales. No different than Sixx.

Archived