Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Jr TV Yellow

chutnifier

Hi folks, first post here.

I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Jr (One of my favorite all time guitar designs) in what seems to be a Limited Edition TV Yellow Finish.

I tried to find some info on this particular model online but there wasn't much to be found.

I can't even find any up for sale.

This is the info I have:

- Made In Indonesia in 2011 (As evidenced by the Serial Number and the "Made in Indonesia" Sticker)

- "Epiphone Custom Shop" print on the Headstock

- Previous Owner swapped out the 700T Humbucker for a Phat Cat P90

First off, I was under the impression all new Epiphones were made in Qindgdao, China.

Could anyone help me out with any info?

I'm interested to know if the finish was offered to commemorate any special occasion, how many were made?

Thanks a lot.

post-82348-099582300 1477976412_thumb.jpg

post-82348-012609400 1477976426_thumb.jpg

post-82348-016059300 1477976467_thumb.jpg

post-82348-005270000 1477976593_thumb.jpg

PS - As far as I know they make Epi's in quite a few factories including in Indo. Epi Custom Shop is non-existent, just a gimmick they use for some reason. I don't know if it's a special run - may well be, but it really doesn't matter - it's yours and I'm sure you'll rock out on it - I know I would. Enjoy!!

Hi folks, first post here.

I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Jr (One of my favorite all time guitar designs) in what seems to be a Limited Edition TV Yellow Finish.

I tried to find some info on this particular model online but there wasn't much to be found.

I can't even find any up for sale.

This is the info I have:

- Made In Indonesia in 2011 (As evidenced by the Serial Number and the "Made in Indonesia" Sticker)

- "Epiphone Custom Shop" print on the Headstock

- Previous Owner swapped out the 700T Humbucker for a Phat Cat P90

First off, I was under the impression all new Epiphones were made in Qindgdao, China.

Could anyone help me out with any info?

I'm interested to know if the finish was offered to commemorate any special occasion, how many were made?

Thanks a lot.

Epiphones are made at both of their factories in China among other factories in China. they are also made by Samick in Indonesia like the one you have. to my knowledge, the finish wasn't offered to commemorate anything special. there's no way to tell how many of them were made unless it is marked xx of xxxx.

They're still guitars, and still cool. My plywood SG is one of my favorites, and I have more expensive brands and models. I kind of want one of these myself, honestly. HNGD! [thumbup] There are several around, but all are the younger generation type color of solid black end to end. Blecch! [tongue]

Archived