Gibson Brands Forums

Let It Ride ..

EuroAussie

Ohh thanks for that, EA. I enjoy a lot of Ryan Adams' work. It's interesting to watch him do solo acoustic versions of songs he's recorded with electric bands. His playing is beautiful in a subtle way. His songwriting is occasionally brilliant. I play several of his, chosen for a combination of liking the song, and playability. 16 days, English Girls Approximately, Come Pick Me Up, Dirty Rain. Great stuff.

Everyone is being very nice

It's a polite forum

You happy with it Aussie ?

I hope you don't mind me being the rude fella , but if that was a recording of me playing in public I'd be annoyed at myself

Sorry buddy. Just trying to be truthful

The track is not fully there yet BBG, i still need to work on timing, phrasing, more diaphram and getting some notes right. Will take a look at Caop on 3rd as suggested. But I dont think its a bad effort, but still a work in progress. I didnt perform it in the end tonight as i wanted to get it fully right first. Probably need to sing it another 10-20 times before its fully there ... but its not far away.

It must seem strange returning to cold Europe after a spell in Ozz.

I'm a fan of Ryan Adams, I like his songs and I like his performances. I haven't heard this song so I'm coming to it cold as it were but I like your version of it best. Not all of his songs are easy to sing but you have got this one just right.

I would guess most of us have had a go at Sweet Carolina but I do like When the Stars go Blue if I was to choose a favorite.

Archived