Gibson Brands Forums

Do you have buzz in low E?

niemepet

My 1st Run Robot still has the buzz in the low E, if the action is set to low. It just came back from the luthier and he didn't get the buzz away. Is it the "feature" of the new tuning system, that you have to keep strings as "sky high", if you want that low E don't buzz? Has anyone else this annoying problem, that is driving me crazy?

I played LP Standard in the music store today and the action was low (like I want it to be). So now I know that every LP isn't set "sky high".

Good question. I haven't change the string gauge. I use Gibson's own 010 strings (Les Paul's head stock picture on the box). I noticed the low E buzz when the guitar has been in my hands about two weeks. I play it about two or three times in a week (so not so often).

When I first got the Robot it did buzz a little. I restrung using 0.10's with heavy bottoms.

I took it to my guitar tech and he said the nut was a little low. It wasn't truss rod adjustment/high of strings adjustment.

Anyway he 'built' (his words!) a bit of height on the nut and £15 and a week later it played great.

Matt

Mine started that just out of the blue. I used to have an old silvertone with a floating bridge that had the round knurled wheel on each end of the bridge to adjust the height, so looking at the gibson bridge, I attempted to turn the round wheel on the low E side (it didn't move much without loosening the strings) but just a tad and the buzz went away.

Try this at your own risk, but it worked for me.

Val

Hmm - maybe it is the nut. Because music store's luthier did adjust the bridge and the truss rod, but it didn't help. So he leave the bridge in up position where low E don't buzz.

Maybe I have to bring the guitar to real luthier... not some music store guy. Does anyone know good luthier in Finland (Helsinki)?

Archived