Gibson Brands Forums

Timmy's couch

Tim Plains

Dennis, no offense taken but what does it matter? I wanted this many Les Pauls (and more), so why not? Why do you have a Dot and Sheridan? Those two are similar enough to me and to most people. Why do you have both? Why on earth to you need 20 guitars? Who cares if they're all different, they basically all do the same thing. Do you have to justify or explain why? No, you just have 20 because you either wanted or felt like you needed that many. It's no different.

Tim, (and to some extent Megafrog too):

I hear you. I guess it's just the difference between people and what they like or not. Like I asked in my original post "What am I missing here?". It would appear that I'm missing the need to own multiples of the same guitar (pls don't take that the wrong way; I just don't know how else to say that). And FWIW, I don't own a Sheri, because it's too similar (IMHO) to my Dot. I have 20 guitars, but they're all different between body types and p/u configs. I will admit to a couple of duplicates though. I have a "beater" acoustic as well as a "good one" that doesn't leave the house, and I bought a '66 Guild Starfire a few years ago (ya gotta love nostalgia) because I gigged with a '63 Starfire "back in the day", and it's pretty close to my modded Dot.

Long story short, there's no right or wrong here, just personal preference and desires. Enjoy, and again, nice collection!

Archived