Gibson Brands Forums

Look at your pictures

Gibson CS

Have you lads ever noticed how when you take a picture of your Les Paul it never looks the same way twice?

Its more noticable with the flame tops of course.

I was just looking through all my pics. Depending on the lighting and the angle of shot, its really

never the same look twice.

These guitars never cease to amaze me!

That is the nature of the beast. I was looking at an 07 Standard last night, and at first I thought it reminded me of some of the old Norlins. There was nice flame on one half of the top, and the other was plain. Then I picked it up and there was flame on the other half. The flame just became very subtle after the point where they split the billet for bookmatching. I remember when I was looking into getting a 'Beauty of the Busrt' (BOTB) replica made, there were several guitars in BOTB that I liked but looked a little blah. Then I asked someone who I know has seen and photographed an awful lot of the original bursts if he had some pics. The guy really knows how to photograph bursts and figured tops, so he posted some pics of a guitar I was thinking of, and it was like night and day. Lighting and angles can make a huge difference.

Archived