Gibson Brands Forums

Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets

Sabredog

Anyone else have stainless steel frets on their Les Paul

I really find them to be amazing I'm currently having another guitar setup to have stainless steel Jumbos installed.

I just also purchased a 2016 Standard and it is wonderful.

If anyone's looking for jumbo frets on their Les Paul.

I've decided to sell my 2015 classic seafoam green.

The stainless steel frets are really awesome they literally feel like butter they're so polished and smooth.

Installed and run on the PLEK machine

You can see it on eBay and on the trading post on this forum . FYI

Cheers

this post comes off alot like an ad, more than an actual attempt at discussion

True both ways. I wonder how many actual Les Paul users have tried stainless. as it is an expensive upgrade.

And.. like it, no like it, or indifferent?

I am leaning toward every refret I do using them. I found them to be amazing friction free bending and can take some minor technique adjustment. easy to over bend the target note.

But once you adjust to the friction free it is easier work.

and they fit well with the titanium saddles and titanium Zero nut in consistent tone for fretted vs open string.

As well as informing there is one available, for those inclined or interested in jumbos.

Gary Brawer SF CA did the refret and the PLEK.

Cheers

Didn't do it on the Les Paul yet, but did on my 225TD. Also sprung for the semi-hemispherical fret ends. By far my best playing guitar. The only complaint I've ever heard is that they CAN add a slight edge to the high end frequencies. I personally had no problem and will be doing them on the LP when the time comes.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

rct

Well it can be a bad thing. When you're targeting a two-step bend and you bend it 2 an a half , that can sound pretty bad.

I play a ton of Gilmour licks/ Pink Floyd songs, And they have very precise 1 step 2 step, 3 step, and 4 step bends. All within one phrase.

So it first I kept over bending the target note but once I mastered the free flowing frets it became really useful.

Well it can be a bad thing. When you're targeting a two-step bend and you bend it 2 an a half , that can sound pretty bad.

I play a ton of Gilmour licks/ Pink Floyd songs, And they have very precise 1 step 2 step, 3 step, and 4 step bends. All within one phrase.

So it first I kept over bending the target note but once I mastered the free flowing frets it became really useful.

Overbending is a lost art from the 70's. I've never needed stainless frets in my mastery of overbending. Sounds like you dig 'em.

rct

I'm in SF...May I ask how much did it set you back for the ss re-fret? ...thanks!

about $125 more than regular refrett and PLEK.

I paid $ 475.00 total 2 years ago. for the professional total package

price is increased nowdays.

refretting a telecaster with SS jumbos in different shop right now. it is $675 with a PLEK

about $125 more than regular refrett and PLEK.

I paid $ 475.00 total 2 years ago. for the professional total package

price is increased nowdays.

refretting a telecaster with SS jumbos in different shop right now. it is $675 with a PLEK

Thanks!

Indeed... $675 ...it's big bucks. Probably cost more to save the nibs!

Archived