Gibson Brands Forums

Unique LP Custom Lite

Twang Gang

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1987-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-LITE_W0QQitemZ130277897767QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this link in the LP forum in a discussion about weight relief and couldn't believe it when I opened it. The seller claims it's a 1987 model. I had no idea that they made Les Paul Custom Lite in 1987, I have one from 2013 and thought that it was a new idea then.

It is exactly like mine from what I can tell (except for the Mist finish) as it has the thinner body, Custom appointments, and the single tone control with a toggle for coil tap. Didn't know they were doing coil tap in '87 either.

Who Knew [scared]

But maybe seller is dreaming about the year as much as the price. A new one is under $2K so not sure how close he will get to $5K [rolleyes]

...I had no idea that they made Les Paul Custom Lite in 1987, I have one from 2013 and thought that it was a new idea then....

...Who Knew [scared]......

But maybe seller is dreaming about the year as much as the price.

LP Custom Lite was added to the range in, as is claimed, 1987. It's there in all the books. Not a secret.

Price? That's a different matter entirely.

Pip.

LP Custom Lite was added to the range in, as is claimed, 1987. It's there in all the books. Not a secret.

Price? That's a different matter entirely.

Pip.

Shows how much I know. I never heard of them before 2012 or 2013 and I know I never saw one before that. Must be one of those models that they don't make continuously or certainly don't market every year. When I got mine and people first saw it they were all surprised "what in the world is that?" type reactions. Live and learn.

Archived