Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Les Paul Deluxe

jscully

I recently picked a 2015 Deluxe Goldtop with the GForce and brass adjustable nut. The guitar was brand new and had never been out of the box. I played it for about a week and was having all kinds of tuning problems and issues with the brass nut.

I replaced the brass nut with a Tusq XL adjustable nut and put a set of 10's, it came strung with 9's.

The Tusq nut and the heavier strings completely changed this guitar for me and I literally can't put it down now. The Tusq nut has made a big difference in the tone and the improvement is amazing. In addition, it now stays in tune perfectly and the GForce works great. The heavier strings also were a big improvement.

I know that there was all kinds of debate about the 2015 models and they can be found at great prices.

I had to write in that this guitar is incredible! A few changes made it amazing.

Hi

I'll do my best to get some pictures up, I'm on the road most of this week but will get to it as soon as I can.

I did call Gibson and they sent me the titanium nut which I haven't tried yet.

The Tusq nut was perfect. I would not have trusted this guitar to gig with before because of tuning problems. I trust it now though and love it. It is right up there with my historics.

Archived