Gibson Brands Forums

Adding to OneWilyFool's list of J-45 variations

62burst

40YrsPckn had cued us in to the bizarre-looking Hummingbird Regal in Dennis57’s HBTV thread. Turns out the humble J-45 is also getting the Regal treatment. . . “Rosewood Burst” J-45 Regal:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/2018-J-45-Regal-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Rosewood-Burst-1500000144482.gc

LOQbr1y.png

TTXfAYY.png

Doubtful if the section of maple will bring some bark to the rosewood back and sides; might be interesting sound-wise if a lightly stained maple took the place of the rose’, & rosewood in the center section. Or just one, or the other.

yummy, Big GROVER ROTOMATICS + Richlite Fingerboard and Bridge, what a treat (quel Régal !)

I wouldn't kick a guitar out of bed for having a Richlite fingerboard, my old Martin Tweedy was Richlited up to the hilt and sounded and played beautifully. I like the fact that it's eco friendly too. Most of my Gibsons have Rotomatics too, in 21yrs of playing for a living I've not found a more reliable and solid machinehead. A bit chunky and clunky but they work, are smooth and stable and don't crap out, which is all I need.

I do agree that neither of those appointments are particularly "Regal", but not a deal breaker for me ☺️

Archived