Gibson Brands Forums

I hate Gibson and I hate Guitar Center

generaldreedle

Im not no expert.. Im just a admirer of Gibson and Martin, and Franklin acoustics.. I have been since 40 plus years ago..

I love the deep Tones of a SJ200 Rosewoods.. it makes me feel warm inside..

I have found the '200's to not necessarily be the loudest guitar in the shed; Slim- have you found the rosewood versions to be quieter, on the whole, than the maples?

It would even be cool just to see 20-30 SJ-200 cases. Or you could post a pic of a couple, 3, 4, 5 dozen cases ; ).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this has been fascinating--- the J 200 had a woody thumpiness that I had heard of before but never really knew what people meant, compared to the Martin and the J45 Rosewood-- definitely quieter than the Martin and less resonant than both. BUT I really like the tone. I think the Hummingbird I tried had dead strings.

I don't know if any of you experts learn online through Youtube, but I really have enjoyed taking lessons from this guy Privettricker and he plays all these acoustic Stones songs on his J200 and when I played Love in Vain or Country Honk it was the exact same sound. Really nice.

Now I have to make a decision. Everyone's input was helpful and interesting, I'm not trying to shut this down though, if ANYONE has any other thoughts I'm more than glad to hear them.

I'm going to go play some more :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived