Gibson Brands Forums

Hi from Chicago

TommyTunes

Hello and looking for some advice. Long time player, just recently got my first Gibson (LP Special). I've been firmly in the Fender/G&L camp since the 70's and over the last 20 or so years have started purchasing more of those variants as I started to realize all of the different personalities that each guitar and model gives. You know how that GAS starts and once it does, you're screwed. Anyway, once I saw this beautiful Special with a compensated wrap around I had to have it. But I'm in a love/hate relation due to my use of dirt and the very noisy P90's that are also too hot and muddy (for what I want to hear). So, I decided to get a set of Mojotone '56 Quiet Coils. The Mojo's use braided hookup, I had no idea Gibson was using a circuit board with little mini quick connects until I opened up the cavity. Does anybody know if there is a way to use the braided hookup with the control board debacle? I am a traditionalist, so I'm a little miffed at the connection layout and may just gut it and get a new vintage assembly from RS in the end. Sorry for the rambling and rant, there is an actual question in there if anybody can answer the compatibility issue. [smile]

post-88553-023542800 1510171877_thumb.jpg

Welcome Tommy to the forum. Sorry I can't help with your question but there are many knowledgeable folks here that know a great deal about guitars. Maybe one will be along shorty? I have a sister that lives in Chicago. How do you like it there?

Welcome Tommy to the forum. Sorry I can't help with your question but there are many knowledgeable folks here that know a great deal about guitars. Maybe one will be along shorty? I have a sister that lives in Chicago. How do you like it there?

I’m actually in the burbs but work downtown. Except for the horrible corrupt politics, high taxes, and gun violence, it’s alright haha. Typical big city, lots to do but expensive. Lots of great music. If you ever come to town and haven’t been, check out Chicago Music Exchange. Awesome store

Archived