Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird search

uncle fester

Hi All,

I've been banging on an old Guild D25 (mahogany) for 20 yrs - and finally getting a cutaway - but have been able to use that as an excuse to get a hummingbird (... no honey - not many brands have a cut aways ; )

Regardless - i've played bunches of different models (Martins, Gibsons, Taylors...) and settled on a mahogany cutaway h-bird. Now everything i've heard, is you need to try a few of these side by side to make sure you get a good one.

...I'm west of the Boston area - anyone have any input on where i might be able to get a selection to try at once, or is that just a pipe dream?

Welcome to the forum Billroy. msp_thumbup.gif You've played some very nice brands and Guild is very nice too, wish I had one. The sweetheart thing is easy if they don't know guitars, I've told mine: "Of course their different, different tones, different shapes, different materials, and here's My favorite, I need several guitars so I can play in different turnings and I don't have to retune every time I play a different song. msp_flapper.gif

Archived