Gibson Brands Forums

Old Gibson L-0 through SoundHole Pickup/Tonedexter

BluesKing777

I recorded some few blues noodling with the Fishman Neo-D soundhole humbucker pickup running though my Tonedexter with the sound image of my old 35 L50.

It doesn't sound like either but the 37 L-0 has electricity! [thumbup]

I will put a couple of photos up, but there isn't a real lot of wood to hook the pickup to!

Anyway, I would play live with this sound easily - doubt it would feedback, well not for what I do.

do0YZtNh.jpg

BluesKing777.

Well, I like this pickup in the old Gibson and run through Tonedexter more each time I play it!

What a great sound for a soundhole! Never thought I would say that or this....I would use this setup live and I don’t like soundhole Baggs and others..at all.

So I put up a great vintage Gibson with a great sound and not one reply? Am I in the wrong forum? I don’t see much about small body Gibsons lately. Someone has to put them up front.

BluesKing777.

Thanks Nick and Dan!

And I would sound horrible with a plywood soundhole pickup, for sure. I want perfect or I don't play! [flapper]

Um, these posts with the pickup and Tonedexter are all meant for getting a sound live, eg the blues night I go to occasionally, not for recording as such. To get a decent recording, I just plug in the Neumann mic! But playing live with a guitar you don't want to alter, like my old L-0, is pretty dicey. It is mic only or soundhole pickup, that's it - no drilling this old guitar any more. The mic only is fraught with awfulness at the blues night jam night - a bent and multi spat upon old SM58 through a strange little PA. I hate the sound of my Neo-D pickup alone so need all the preamp help I can get. And I would need security to keep all the guitarists away from my L-0! Can you imagine?

BluesKing777.

Archived