Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Quality Stereotypes are Wrong IMO

thegreatgumbino

People like me are not exactly loved on the AVG having the forum name gibpicker, but I don't care, because the only Guitars that ever got me off were Gibson's, period, end of story. Sorry to be so absolute closed minded, but like someone else here said, the Martins they ever played put them to sleep. Whens the last time you saw a Martin on the wall that took your breath away like a J-200, or a Bird etc. would?

When I was at GS A few days ago with lots & lots of unlocked Taylors and Martins, the only Guitars I looked at were Gibson's.

It's like are you a Ford or Chevy person. Both can be great. I'm a Gibson guy. I have played other guitars I like BUT........when i walk into my mancave I pick up my Gibby.

It baffles me when I see the stereotypical Gibson bashing going on at AGF. I spent the weekend visiting multiple stores to play every slope and square shoulder Gibson I could get my hands on. . All of the guitars I played were great build quality and sound, I would have been happy to have any of these examples in my stable.

. The AGF is very diverse, and the mind set is generally not favorable to the Gibson name...but there are staunch supporters over there, too! No different than many other forums that have a negative outlook on a particular builder.rolleyes.gif

Archived