Gibson Brands Forums

New Pickups

LPguitarman

Not sure if anyone here will have tried those particular pickups but Suhr has a good reputation.

The QC was loose on my Gibson pickups. They measure out of spec and the neck pickup was “hotter” than the bridge. I have noticed an improvement in clarity and balance since upgrading the pickups.

The Gibson pickups often sound great, they just may not be too consistent (at least in my experience)

Personally I think adding shielding and upgrading the pots in my Gibson made a more immediately satisfying change and for much less money. Pickup changes can be great but may not always be the most cost effective upgrade

Not sure if anyone here will have tried those particular pickups but Suhr has a good reputation.

The QC was loose on my Gibson pickups. They measure out of spec and the neck pickup was “hotter” than the bridge. I have noticed an improvement in clarity and balance since upgrading the pickups.

The Gibson pickups often sound great, they just may not be too consistent (at least in my experience)

Personally I think adding shielding and upgrading the pots in my Gibson made a more immediately satisfying change and for much less money. Pickup changes can be great but may not always be the most cost effective upgrade

Thanks, Great info. I was just curious. [thumbup]

Archived