Gibson Brands Forums

bonamassa les paul

lovebirdstudio

i am very disappointed in gibson, they released the bonamassa les paul with only making 300 now they have decided to make another run. people that thought they were geting something special and would be a collectable now find out they are making another run. i don't think is good business to do that why can't you leave well enough alone. it was an expensive guitar, now with another run i'm sure it is not as good of a value. if you have one of these guitars please let gibson know of your dissappointment.

i am very disappointed in gibson' date=' they released the bonamassa les paul with only making 300 now they have decided to make another run. people that thought they were geting something special and would be a collectable now find out they are making another run. i don't think is good business to do that why can't you leave well enough alone. it was an expensive guitar, now with another run i'm sure it is not as good of a value. if you have one of these guitars please let gibson know of your dissappointment.[/quote']

I think people worry too much about the future value of something. Just play and enjoy it.. with the world population estimated to be around 6,706,993,152 in July last year even if they made 5000 Bonamassa guitars, then yours would still be pretty special...

Your lucky..

Like Thunder said... Some pics would be great..

Regards

Flight959

Yes, I wouldn't worry about the first 300's value too much. If the guitar has appeal with Joe's unique design features on it, then it will stand on it's own. And by the way, I think it will. I've had the pleasure of seeing Joe B. play live in a small venue in Connecticut, and watching his career bloom is very satisfying to someone like me who really appreciated his talent early on.

While I haven't seen or played one of his signature guitars in-person yet, I am sure if you own one, you are liekly happy with it. And that's what counts the most.. Be happy with the guitar, the collectible and limited aspect while probably there, should be the primary reason to own it. Enjoy...

i personally feel that a company should do what they say. they said they would produce only 300 and that sould be it

I agree... no matter if the value rises or not, if they say it's a limited edition and there will only be 300, some people might rush to buy one, some of them will go through a hard time to find one and buy one, some might even pay more for one... just to find out they are making them "normal" editions later... I would really be pissed off.

• 2 weeks later...
i personally feel that a company should do what they say. they said they would produce only 300 and that sould be it

I agree as well, but limited usually means until the next $$ opportunity.

BTW this is sort of off topic, but close enough because it has to do with Joe Bonamassa. I'm sitting here right now watching his "Signature sounds, styles & techniques DVD. It's pretty interesting so far... And for those who care, he's featured in April's Guitar Player mag with his LP gracing the cover...

Archived