Gibson Brands Forums

New J45 Standard Sound Question

Justbluefish

I have the same issue on a new j45 50s model. it has a metalic ring on the open b string. I tried to get my daughter to hear it but she cant but it is annoying to me. The guitar is new and has not been setup other than sweetwater so i am following this.

19 hours ago, Guitarlife said:

I have the same issue on a new j45 50s model. it has a metalic ring on the open b string. I tried to get my daughter to hear it but she cant but it is annoying to me. The guitar is new and has not been setup other than sweetwater so i am following this.

Could be interesting to actually hear these rings - both yours and the original poster's. 

Wonder if they are recordable. . . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, afishynado said:

I have not read all 4 pages of posts but, have you checked the neck with your eyes? with a straight edge against the frets? my gut instinct after reading your first post, was your description sounded like a little bit of minor fret buzzing.  Have u used a small fret rocker? You could have  one lone fret a fraction of an inch too high. Turning the truss rod nut costs nothing, checking the frets costs nothing.

It only happens on an open string. If what you are saying was correct wouldn't it get worse when a note was depressed?

I'd switch out the saddle -  compensated VS non-compensated.   As far as you hearing it and your daughter not - we all have slightly different hearing.  Highs, Lows, Middles.   Did you have her hold the guitar and pluck the B string, while you sat in front of it ?