Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for answers to questions on a Les Paul GT

toupee

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with the exact details on the construction of a LP GT. I know what I can find on websites, but I am looking to know the details on the woods and construction. Is the mahogany weight relieved, chambered, or neither? Thickness of the maple? Number of pieces for the body construction? If anyone can clue me in to these things I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

i totally misread what he wrote anyway... for some reason i was thinking he meant goldtop and not the model GT. sorry.

and yeah, clearly thicker in the middle. i meant that it was a 1/4 (roughly) at the edge and thicker in the middle. i don't know what was wrong with me when i wrote that first post. beer perhaps. ](*,)

Hi

LP GT and LP Gold Top (GT) may be confusing. This is certainly off topic but I can't find the LP GT (with flames) on the site. :o

Dude - i'm desperate for a GT in Daytona Blue.

Can you post some pics of yours? I'd love to see more!

She's a beauty.

How much did you pay for her?

I've been after one for ages and one did come up on ebay in the States, but the guy would only take international payment through bank transfer, so I didn't risk it.

One day I'll find one!

Is it just me or does anyone else also feel the flames on the GT are pointing the wrong way? I mean I would imagine the guitar to be flying to the left in playing position, headstock first in other words. The flames are indicating its going body first. Just doesn't feel right. Sorry Spindrift, no offense. Beautiful guitar in all ways!

I've got her since a year now. I thought it was quite difficult to find! That's the only problem. I hope you will find one!

Thanks hfd

lol no problem MCK. I'm beginning to know you now!

I live in the "Alpes de Haute Provence" in France, near the headquarters of the brand "l'occitane". For me the flammes are pointing in the right direction! 'cause this just makes me think of the "grill" or "Barbeuq" as we say at home in provence. ;)

Hi Toggy

love the faded models too. Specially the honey burst=p~

For the orange GT Take a look at this one. The guy won her and never played with her...What a shame!

http://cgi.ebay.fr/GIBSON-ELECTRIQUE-GT-FAMMEE-DOREE-NEUVE-JAMAIS-SERVIE_W0QQitemZ280315890522QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_YO_InstrumentsMusique_Guitares?hash=item280315890522&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1526%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Archived