Gibson Brands Forums

Tonedexter Recording _Warning: Taylor Content

BluesKing777

Here is another recording I made for the "Everyone is Mowing Their Lawns And I Can't Hear Anything Without Plugging In" Series.....

So, I bought my Taylor 717e a couple of months back and it is preloaded with a pickup system _Taylor ES2. It is very similar to a K&K pickup, I have been told, but has a preamp and vol/tone controls. I like it plugged direct, could do it...but I have Tonedexter!😠

So the file I am using in Tonedexter for the 717e is one I made using a plain (cheap?) old Shure SM57, which has its own tonal character I know and like...:

BluesKing777.

Hey, I know one thing...I  am really enjoying playing a guitar that comes with a decent pickup system.

I have said a few times that Gibson need to get a proprietry pickup system of their own instead of this hoiky Element stuff. Everyone here hangs it on them, but this Taylor is a guitar ready to play anywhere, anytime. Well done!

BluesKing777.

Ok BK - you got me thinking on this.  I feel Taylor, and your Maton's as well - have put together a quality instrument, but more so and what gives them a differentiating edge (to non educated buyers who don't realize Gibby's are just the best ) - as you noted they put the plug and play sound system in them.  I'd like to see Gibson figure that piece out and then see what happens to the conversation (although I got a' vintage' instrument w/o any electronics).

1 hour ago, billroy said:

Ok BK - you got me thinking on this.  I feel Taylor, and your Maton's as well - have put together a quality instrument, but more so and what gives them a differentiating edge (to non educated buyers who don't realize Gibby's are just the best ) - as you noted they put the plug and play sound system in them.  I'd like to see Gibson figure that piece out and then see what happens to the conversation (although I got a' vintage' instrument w/o any electronics).

Yeah, I suppose it won’t be very ‘vintagey’ if it has volume and tone controls sticking out the side....

But, you know, that is the marketing angle, vintage made in 2019? They could change it to ‘vintage inspired but with modern conveniences’ or some shxxxxxxte. Even the marketing on the 717e in my recording above is something silly like ‘has a torrefied top to sound like a vintage Taylor’ or something senseless. The guitar was only just invented, how can it be vintage anything?

The Standard series are probably the likely recipients of the newly to be invented Gibson Acoustic Blastmaster, ha, dual source pickup with volume control and tone controls...shattering. Anything but the poor old Element, please. And you know, the Vintage models by request could get that new fangled..ha...discreet soundhole controls. ...ha ha..the Gibson Invisible Blastmaster Pickup System.🥶😨

And I want the Gibson Custom BK777 Invisible Blastmaster Deluxe! Where do I sign?

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

1 hour ago, BluesKing777 said:

And I want the Gibson Custom BK777 Invisible Blastmaster Deluxe! Where do I sign?

BluesKing777.

I got one here for you, it comes with the Brooklyn bridge.  Just send a check and it will be on the way 🙂