Gibson Brands Forums

AIRBORNE !

hbomb76

Yea,I stumbled upon them and thought the same.I bought their cd.Its ok,but the singer doesn't seem to have much range and after a few songs his voice gets annoying,and they are little green yet,but I hope they keep going with what they are doing .They sure beat most other stuff put out by bands today.Alot of raw guitar.My type of stuff.Just need a polishing in places

Yea' date='I stumbled upon them and thought the same.I bought their cd.Its ok,but the singer doesn't seem to have much range and after a few songs his voice gets annoying,and they are little green yet,but I hope they keep going with what they are doing .They sure beat most other stuff put out by bands today.Alot of raw guitar.My type of stuff.Just need a polishing in places[/quote']

Singer's a one-trick pony, yeah, but I prefer that trick over most of the other crap modern rock radio shoves up my butt every day (not that I LISTEN anymore...lol). We need more bands like Airborne, Wolfmother, Jet and the Casanovas (not to mention the Donnas), and less nu-metal sh!t, less rap/rock-hybrid mutated stuff that blows goats and less pop-punk.

I love the guitar tones, and I don't mind the obvious AC/DC derivation (as one of the members said in an interview, being compared to the best rock band in the world that's still kicking like a mule is an HONOR, not a complaint!). To me, it was a breath of fresh-yet-familar air in this world of detuned nutless hack music. I'm sold!

H-Bomb

Archived