Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elite '61

anothersixstringer

Greetings,

Just got a hold of a beautiful Epiphone Elite '61. This one is a cherry one, no nitro, no lacquer.

Specs I found on the web say that all hardware and electronics are Gibson, has a bone nut, all African Mahogany wood, 'almost-like' Classic '57 pups and made in Japan. Also that it is discontinued.

I compared it against the lower priced SG Gibsons and I think this one holds its own against them.

Just put a YouTube video with it.

Click here to see the video - Epiphone Elite '61

Any comments on the Guitar itself? (not the playing, please...)

+:-@

Thanks!

The Epi-Elitist and -Japan SG's are (to me) every bit as good as "the real thing" if not BETTER. If they'd do them with a Maestro I'd tell Gibson "bye-bye", because they're freakin' sweet. Good score, man.

H-Bomb

The Epi-Elitist and -Japan SG's are (to me) every bit as good as "the real thing" if not BETTER. If they'd do them with a Maestro I'd tell Gibson "bye-bye"' date=' because they're freakin' sweet. Good score, man.

H-Bomb[/quote']

Oh, I think so, too..hbomb, Thanks! There were versions, with a maestro, I had seen them advertised,

on one of the Japanese sites, some time ago. But, I haven't seen any for sale, where I got mine

(E-bay, via Japan). If you know anyone over there, they could probably find you one, though.

They don't make these anymore, since Gibson's contract ran out, in 2006. But, there are

still some available. Mine was brand spanking new, when I got it...this past fall. So, it's possible.

CB

Oh' date=' I think so, too..hbomb, Thanks! There were versions, with a maestro, I had seen them advertised,

on one of the Japanese sites, some time ago. But, I haven't seen any for sale, where I got mine

(E-bay, via Japan). If you know anyone over there, they could probably find you one, though.

They don't make these anymore, since Gibson's contract ran out, in 2006. But, there are

still some available. Mine was brand spanking new, when I got it...this past fall. So, it's possible.

CB[/quote']

Now you've got me jonesing. :)

H-Bomb

Archived