Gibson Brands Forums

I hope you are all playing

MorrisrownSal

Lorda mercy.  Facts are facts folks.  This virus is spreading like wildfire & it happens to be particularly hard on older individuals.  Panicked over-reaction is one thing, but if someone chooses to be a poorly informed dolt & bury their head in the sand, it’s like my wife always says:  Natural Selection.

Regardless, there is a silver lining:  Being at home more means more time to sit & relax with the instruments.

• Like 1

I've had most of my tour dates cancelled due to the Corona scare, so I'm sort of sitting it out in exile. 

Recently a Spotify playlist served me up a slice of greatness from a band I loved back in the late '90s/early '00s, The Tragically Hip. I'd lost track of what they were upto as they NEVER got any press here in the UK, and, upon further googling to catch up on their timeline, was saddened to read that their frontman Gord Downie had passed away a couple of years back after a battle with cancer.

I've enjoyed rediscovering their back catalogue and some of the beautiful solo records that Gord put out in the years before his passing. His 'Introduce Yerself' LP in particular is an extremely moving album. 

So, I've been playing around learning some of the band's material such as 'Bobcaygeon', 'Ahead By A Century' and 'In A World Possessed By The Human Mind', great songs which are a joy to revisit and that translate very well to solo performance.

7 hours ago, bobouz said:

Lorda mercy.  Facts are facts folks.  This virus is spreading like wildfire & it happens to be particularly hard on older individuals.  Panicked over-reaction is one thing, but if someone chooses to be a poorly informed dolt & bury their head in the sand, it’s like my wife always says:  Natural Selection.

Regardless, there is a silver lining:  Being at home more means more time to sit & relax with the instruments.

Absolutely, Maybe its being over reported but its not being over blown. 

Edited by labomba