Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall MS to micro amp

RudyH

I've been using a MS 2 micro amp for several months now and it has some really good applications that make it a good tool.

1) Serves as an amplifier for my little MP3 player so I can listen to it just like listening to a radio.

2) At low volumes, it sounds pretty good for playing guitar in a bedroom.

3) I use it as the amplifier for my guitar trainer (that slows down tracks) so I can play along with the slowed tracks.

There really aren't any negatives with this thing as long as you want to play at low volumes.

Once I tried playing at louder volumes and it started to break up badly, like the speaker was torn, but it was because the battery needed to be replaced. After replacing the battery it sounded good again. Battery life is very good with this unit.

I though I was only going to use this amp for a road trip I took, but keep pulling it out for other uses.

It's the portability that makes it so useful. For trips I just put it in a suitcase. For other applications I just take it where I want it. I've got a solid state amp that I can plug MP3 and trainer into, but it's not something I'll take down to the kitchen table while I'm working.

I was expecting a question or a comparision to the Marshall. I had at one time a 10 watt Marshall MG DFX. What a great little amp. Other than not being portable it will do everything your micro will do.

I have that MGDFX only its a 15 watt. Its ok, but I like the Roland Microcube much better.

Archived