Gibson Brands Forums

I'm no fanboy but The Black Parade by MCR is awesome.

fartz

I felt like they rip off Queen while the lead singer rips off Jack White vocally and visually.

That song is better than all the other singles I've heard, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

During the credits of Watchmen they use a My Chemical Romance cover of Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row." It's the last song on Highway 61 Revisited and one of my favorite Dylan songs, and their cover is borderline atrocious in my opinion. Then again everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours.

I just warn you that most of the guys here are probably going to agree with me though, especially since almost everyone here are blues guys at heart.

I haven't been super impressed with the rest of that album' date=' but I agree with you on "The Black Parade". It's very well done.[/quote']

I actually meant the album. The song is good, but not even in my top 5 of the album.

I just warn you that most of the guys here are probably going to agree with me though' date=' especially since almost everyone here are blues guys at heart.[/quote']

I try to keep an open mind about today's music but i just can't force myself to listen to it. Especially not emo-crap like this. Yeah and i'm 16

Sorry just my opinion

I felt like they rip off Queen while the lead singer rips off Jack White vocally and visually.

That song is better than all the other singles I've heard' date=' but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

During the credits of Watchmen they use a My Chemical Romance cover of Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row." It's the last song on [i']Highway 61 Revisited[/i] and one of my favorite Dylan songs, and their cover is borderline atrocious in my opinion. Then again everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours.

I just warn you that most of the guys here are probably going to agree with me though, especially since almost everyone here are blues guys at heart.

They credit Queen as an influence and are kinda goth in nature. The whole album is fantastic. I'm not worry about getting flamed on a message board. I'm just trying to bide time at work. I dig the blues too...The 3 Kings, SRV, Clapton, Derek Trucks, Hendrix...

I try to keep an open mind about today's music but i just can't force myself to listen to it. Especially not emo-crap like this. Yeah and i'm 16

Sorry just my opinion

I won't rip you for your opinion but this stuff is just rock and roll...whatever emo is, I don't know.

Yeah and I'm 39. My 15 year old son turned me onto them.

I'm with ya on emo's.

There's no denying that it's impossible to beat the music of the late 60's - Early to mid 70's. However, I really feel like there's some decent stuff out there right now.

Take Wolfmother for example. Even though they are pretty much a rip off of one of my favorite bands.. they are still pretty good. Just keep an open mind.. never know what you're going to hear that you like.

Eh.. just sayin'

Archived