Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton II

J Sleek

Hi there,

I want to buy this beautiful Sheraton second hand, the person who sells it wants 410€ ($430),  could you guys tell me if the price is right ?

Here is the link:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/epiphone-sheraton-ii-e-gitarre/1510094644-74-7162

Do you also might identify how old the guitar is or when it was built? I have noticed that the headstock has the words Gibson on it, I know that the modern Epiphone Sheratons usually have the "E" on it. Does that say anything?

Thanks!

Edited by J Sleek

2 hours ago, bobouz said:

The Sheraton in question was made in Korea, most likely in the early 2000s, or late 1990s.

The price is fairly typical for this model. 

Actually  unless it was modified... it's a bit of mystery for that time frame.

The pickup set up described relates to a more recent Sheraton Pro II,

Tonabnehmer: 2 Probucker Humbucker mit Coil-Splitting

also  the gold platting on a  Sheraton from that time frame would have all worn off by now,  with even minimal use, that looks to be just about original.

8 hours ago, kidblast said:

Actually  unless it was modified... it's a bit of mystery for that time frame.

Perhaps, but the fuller Korean body shape, headstock logo style, TRC, and older Korean-issue bridge all fit into a timeframe hovering around 2000.

The pickups could indeed have been modified.

15 hours ago, bobouz said:

Perhaps, but the fuller Korean body shape, headstock logo style, TRC, and older Korean-issue bridge all fit into a timeframe hovering around 2000.

The pickups could indeed have been modified.

agree on the findings you posted, which is why it had me scratching my head a bit when I noted what they mentioned for pickups.