Gibson Brands Forums

Original Design Epiphone

mihcmac

My generous mother bought me a Wilshire for Christmas - I knew about it after she asked me what case to buy. It now lives in a Gator Journeyman "double cutaway" case, their description for a rectangular Strat/Tele case.

Unfortunately, the one she received from an online store was bad. I'm surprised it made it through QC with all the issues: a misshapen truss rod cover, high frets at 5 and 7 (and potentially more) that made 4 and 6 unplayable, a pick guard that didn't sit flat on the guitar, and two P-90s installed at an angle.

Fortunately, my local store had a fresh red Wilshire, still in its box, that I bought for less than the online stores. The original had a pretty basic grain pattern; the new one is completely mismatched, with flame on one half that makes it look a bit like Two Face.

uuESFwz.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pohatu771 said:

My generous mother bought me a Wilshire for Christmas - I knew about it after she asked me what case to buy. It now lives in a Gator Journeyman "double cutaway" case, their description for a rectangular Strat/Tele case.

Unfortunately, the one she received from an online store was bad. I'm surprised it made it through QC with all the issues: a misshapen truss rod cover, high frets at 5 and 7 (and potentially more) that made 4 and 6 unplayable, a pick guard that didn't sit flat on the guitar, and two P-90s installed at an angle.

Fortunately, my local store had a fresh red Wilshire, still in its box, that I bought for less than the online stores. The original had a pretty basic grain pattern; the new one is completely mismatched, with flame on one half that makes it look a bit like Two Face.

uuESFwz.jpg

Very interesting, it may be possible that mismatched grain pattern bodies could have been meant for opaque colors like the black or white ones, where it wouldn't matter quite so much. But on the other hand this is very unusual looking, possibly unique the way with its tiger striped grain making it one of a kind and pretty wood. Hmmm.

Edited by mihcmac