Gibson Brands Forums

Lefty's

Bob Gervais

I love what Gibson is doing with all of the new "collections", artist and otherwise. What is missing from (seemingly) all of them are left-handed options. This is where Fender is way ahead of Gibson. I've even asked about specific models (Slim Harpo 330) whether there would be a left-handed version available. The answer was a definitive NO.

2 hours ago, Bob Gervais said:

I love what Gibson is doing with all of the new "collections", artist and otherwise. What is missing from (seemingly) all of them are left-handed options. This is where Fender is way ahead of Gibson. I've even asked about specific models (Slim Harpo 330) whether there would be a left-handed version available. The answer was a definitive NO.

Surely they still take custom orders..  The Made 2 Measure program. From what I know while it will cost you, you can pretty much order what you want. And yes that sucks that they dont make more for you guys...

16 hours ago, Bob Gervais said:

OR, you can do what Jimi and Macca did and just turn it over and restring it for left handed play.  You know....

Put the 6th string where the 1st usually is and so on...   [wink]  Or learn to play "righty" like me, Glen Campbell and plenty of other left handed guys did.   Unless of course, you've been playing a "made for lefties" model all along.

Whitefang