Gibson Brands Forums

Robot Pickguard

daveinspain

Wishes do come true.... I wished for a pickguard for my Robot Guitar made out of the same clear bluish material that the back electronics covers are made of and here it is!!!! Well I paid for it though. Its just what I was looking for. Here are a few pics.

Closeup.jpg

Leftside.jpg

front.jpg

Rightside.jpg

Yes I bought the pickguard on line, it only cost $15.00. I payed more for the shipping than for the actual pickguard but you wouldn't have to pay that much... and it's screwless... No drilling into your guitar!! Check out;

http://bobbyleesignatureseries.com

He makes all kinds of screwless pickguard for Les Pauls.

Here is a pix of my HD.6X (Digital Les Paul) with the cling vinyl "pick guard". If you look close you can see the edge paralleling the lower edge of the guitar. It is invisible under most lighting -- under bright light you can see the bubbles under the vinyl, depending on how well you smoothed it out. When done with it, you can just peel it off. I use it for all the guitars I have without pick guards (PRS, Parker, etc).

Charlie

HD6X_1.jpg

I ordered a roll of clear cling vinyl a couple of years ago and just use that (you might find it at a Michael's or hobby store, but I couldn't at the time). It has a paper backing -- just cut to shape, peel of the back and position on the guitar -- then smooth out the air bubbles. That's it.

Charlie

Archived