Gibson Brands Forums

Fit and finish issues on 2021 Firebird

PatrickCash

Just got this guitar. Had been looking for this color for quite a while. First things I noticed were finish issues below fretboard above the pickup and the side of the neck body. 

I want the guitar but not sure what to do about this. I send an email to Gibson but haven't heard back. The place a bought it (one of the larger but not largest online retailers) said I can send it back but I would prefer not to. 

IMG_0776.pngIMG_0777.png

3 hours ago, jvi said:

looks minor and if thats all you dont like keep it

I love when I hear that statement "Keep It". If someone posted a Martin  with flaws, you guys would be bad mouthing it, like flies on a fresh pile of p-oo. Here a flaw is okay cause Gibson did it. Hip-0-crits.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I might agree it's minor for a $1000 guitar, but not a $6000 guitar.  I have had Martins, Huss and Dalton, Santa Cruz and other acoustics. They are almost flawless when they arrive. 

I have seen two custom shop, Murphy aged Les Pauls and they did have minor things wrong with the finish (not aging but sloppy work when taping off, etc) but nothing like this Firebird. 

I don't think I'm being picky. It's just very sloppy work by Gibson. The more I look at close up photos of other Firebirds, I can tell the image of the pickup guard is because the pickup was mounted about 3/16" of an inch too low. I also noticed on other Firebirds the binding on the fretboard is painted which may hide the flaw you can see in my image. 

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I love when I hear that statement "Keep It". If someone posted a Martin  with flaws, you guys would be bad mouthing it, like flies on a fresh pile of p-oo. Here a flaw is okay cause Gibson did it. Hip-0-crits.

I havnt ever said nuttin bout a Martin flaw, so keep it real with name calling and quotes....the issues I see on the git are minor in my opinion.

3 hours ago, jvi said:

I havnt ever said nuttin bout a Martin flaw, so keep it real with name calling and quotes....the issues I see on the git are minor in my opinion.

That may be, but the rest Gibson Fan Boy Peanut Galley do all the time. They slag Martin for their issues, and just like your comment of "Keep It" means you and others who gush over Gibson  (I've seen  "Keep It" it posted many times and not just by you) look the other way when they have flaws. The issue  on the guitar is minor? Its a 6k guitar and it should have "NO" issues what so ever.  How do you not get that? But this didn't happen to you, and if it did, and you plunked down all that money you would just look the other way? You say you would and I say BS. Let's say you are going to the dealer to pick up your brand new Ford F-150 and it has a big scratch down the side, in your mind that is acceptable? Wait your gonna tell me thats different.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper