Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic Premium Plus 2000. Worth it with repaired headstock?

Hi guys! new to the group looking for help! I wonder if you guys can identify this LP? it says its classic from 2000. I wonder if the headstock is repaired, looks like it. Seller was initially asking for $2100, but I have talked him down to $1600 and aiming at $1300 (i keep working him out).

Seller says its a factory b stock, repaired at the factory , but no way to prove it. I'm still doubtful if its even worth at $1100 as I have no way to verify pickups or the quality of the repair.

I would like to know your thoughts before getting my first ever Les Paul.  Thanks for the help guys!

received_553574585829864.jpeg

received_947063595995359.jpeg

It looks real enough from your pics and the ones in the link, and the headstock repair looks well done.

I can't really advise on price as I am in the UK and these go for about £2k or more s/h over here.   But anything with a headstock repair would (very roughly) lose almost 50% of its value.  $1300 would be a very good price IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...