Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt Specs

TWilson

I'm pretty sure some folks here own an Epi Masterbilt. Could any of you supply me the widths at the upper and lower bouts, body length, total length and depth of an EF-500RA? I'd be much obliged and have a beer in your honor! Thanks

Torrance

I have an EF500-R - no abalone - but assume the measurements are identical:

Lower Bout

Width: 15-3/8" Depth: 3-5/8" (but 4" to top of strings)

Upper Bout

Width: 11-1/4" Depth: 4-1/4"

Body Length: 19-1/2"

I hope this helps and will have a Diet Pepsi in your honor. :))

Thanks geelinus, that's what I needed. And also thanks for making that Pepsi, Diet!!! I'll be having a Rogue "Dead Guy Ale" for you! By the way, how do you like your Epi?

Jinder- Exactly what I was thinking. A great looking guitar and has an equally great reputation. Also, is there a guitar you don't like?!! lol

Enjoy that Dead Man Ale!

I love the Epi: It's hanging on the wall in my home office, so it gets more playing time than my other guitars.

That isn't to say that it sounds better, but it does sound good enough that I don't need to pull out the others as often.

I bought it as a "beater" but it's a much nicer guitar than that -- with a sweet but firm (not tinny) tone - with more bottom end and volume than I expected.

I'm pretty sure some folks here own an Epi Masterbilt. Could any of you supply me the widths at the upper and lower bouts' date=' body length, total length and depth of an EF-500RA? I'd be much obliged and have a beer in your honor! Thanks

Torrance[/quote']

TITAN

You are getting to be a real guitart. (Great word eh? Morph guitar and tart! describes you perfectly!

One minute you're craving a R******** K*** the next you're after an Epi.

Its Ok for Jinder to like em all but life should have taught you to be grateful for waht you have

and what you might have

J300

RK 12 slotted

Zak Wylde custom LP

etc

etc

etc

Stands back, having stirred the pot!

Johnt wrote: Its Ok for Jinder to like em all but life should have taught you to be grateful for waht you have

Thank you, my friend, for bringing me straight back to the real world. What the he[[ was I thinking? Sheesh! Dreaming is a dangerous thing and the hopes that ride along with them must be dashed upon the rocks as soon as humanly possible!! Thank you for staying ever vigilant and having my wellbeing ever in your mind. I guess I got confused when you told me about your physician reading your latest lab report to you and telling you to " be thankful for what you DON'T have!" I get confused so easily. I am now going to make a list of things I'm thankful I don't have. Thanks once again !!!

Turbin

Johnt wrote: Its Ok for Jinder to like em all but life should have taught you to be grateful for waht you have

Thank you' date=' my friend, for bringing me straight back to the real world. What the he[[ was I thinking? Sheesh! Dreaming is a dangerous thing and the hopes that ride along with them must be dashed upon the rocks as soon as humanly possible!! Thank you for staying ever vigilant and having my wellbeing ever in your mind. I guess I got confused when you told me about your physician reading your latest lab report to you and telling you to " be thankful for what you DON'T have!" I get confused so easily. I am now going to make a list of things I'm thankful I don't have. Thanks once again !!!

Turbin[/size']

My Dear old buddy Toerag,

GET A GRIP!

Hopes only exist to be dashed upon the rocks of life!

We worker ants of the world are not allowed hopes!

We are droids existing only to toil endlessly in order to pay our physicians bills!

Thankfullness is a delight which is not open to us!

Our dreams should be nightmares!

Back on your heads lads, tea breaks over!

(sorry folks been at the Ferrero Rocher again!)

Sorry to ressurrect an older post, and also (again!), probably not entierly Gibson/Epiphone. Does anyone have any experience with Blueridge guitars? They seem to good to be true, £400 for a solid spruice top/brazilian rosewood b/s... I can't believe that really, but if they're any good, am prepared to gamble on one for that sort of money without trying... thanks!

Aus, Blueridge are GREAT guitars if you try a few and find the one you like best. I didn't know there was a braz option, that's very cool.

They are modelled on prewar Martins, but manufactured in Asia which drives the costs down. Generally, though, the quality is high and they are excellent playing and sounding instruments. Very dissimilar to a Gibson, though.

That is why I'm after a Masterbilt EF500RA...Gibson flavoured neck, RW tone, bling, OM body...all the right ingredients for the missing guitar in my arsenal.

Archived