Gibson Brands Forums

I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong.

TheLiveSoundGuy

A little while back, ksdaddy posted a pic of a gibby acoustic, that had been brought to him for some repair work, that had a pickguard that looked like someone took the garden shears to. I asked him if it had been recently posted on ebay, knowing I had seen that pickguard somewhere. He informed me that the owner was the original owner, and had never listed it. The guard was so unusual, I was certain I had remembered seeing it somewhere. I have since wondered what it was that I had actually seen. Well now I wonder no more. I mean the 70's were a haze, but no amount of chemical substance could cause me to remember something that horrid unless I really did see it.

Well it's back. Sort of. Here is what I really saw. Not the same as the one Scott posted, but close enough to tell me I wasn't crazy.

I give you a 1951 Gibson J-50 FON# 7854 16:

22b2_1.JPG

23e4_1.JPG

A little while back' date=' ksdaddy posted a pic of a gibby acoustic, that had been brought to him for some repair work, that had a pickguard that looked like someone took the garden shears to. I asked him if it had been recently posted on ebay, knowing I had seen that pickguard somewhere. He informed me that the owner was the original owner, and had never listed it. The guard was so unusual, I was certain I had remembered seeing it somewhere. I have since wondered what it was that I had actually seen. Well now I wonder no more. I mean the 70's were a haze, but no amount of chemical substance could cause me to remember something that horrid unless I really did see it.

Well it's back. Sort of. Here is what I really saw. Not the same as the one Scott posted, but close enough to tell me I wasn't crazy.

I give you a 1951 Gibson J-50 FON# 7854 16:

22b2_1.JPG

23e4_1.JPG

Archived