Gibson Brands Forums

Tennessee Whiskey - A Friend Suggested I learn It.

DanvillRob

9 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Good rendition, Rob.  Heartfelt performance.  Your performances are solid and you choose good songs…..and you play well.👍

That's very nice of you to say.

To be honest, I didn't chose this song....a friend suggested I learn it.... George Jones' arrangement is SO different from Chris Stapelton's was pretty intimidating, (and let's face it....both of them are "singer's singers"!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

To be honest, I didn't chose this song....a friend suggested I learn it.... George Jones' arrangement is SO different from Chris Stapelton's was pretty intimidating, (and let's face it....both of them are "singer's singers"!

Yes, they are on a different level.  ……I once worried about following them on-stage, but I quickly realized that would never happen.😥

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

I saw Chris do it live a few years back. At least he is not one of the artist in country who is a Ken or a Barbie making s-hit music. When Chris's version was getting a lot of airplay my relatives and I discussed with version is better - George or Chris. I voted George.

5 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Yes, they are on a different level.  ……I once worried about following them on-stage, but I quickly realized that would never happen.😥

I was fortunate enough to work with some of the very best in the business, (always before...not after...except for Janis Joplin and Tower Of Power).

The #1 best concert I ever went to, (was NOT working) was George Jones...I also was in awe of Roger McGuinn and John Sebastian...both EXELLENT performers.

Did you know I was slated to open for The Beatles at Candlestick Park?   Got scratched due to Musician's Union issues.   I could have been the answer to a trivia question!

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw Chris do it live a few years back. At least he is not one of the artist in country who is a Ken or a Barbie making s-hit music. When Chris's version was getting a lot of airplay my relatives and I discussed with version is better - George or Chris. I voted George.

I don't think anyone could argue with your vote...and if you voted for Chris....again, no one could argue with that vote either!