Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 1959 ES-355 - Asking For £1,650

Hype

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You have 6 Vartione Poitions, 2 pickups and a 3 way switch. that is a total of if my math is correct 18 different combo's you can use.

Forgive my poor Math! LOL! You are absolutely correct.. I don’t recall if position 1 was a bypass? I do remember having to have a Stereo Cable Custom made.. It was too much hassle to haul 2 Amps around so it was mainly used on a few Recordings.. Almost always played it in Mono.. 

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

To me it was just dual mono. It’s not like in a recoding were it’s EQ-ed for two speakers. It’s just one pup goes to one amp and the other to a different amp. 

This looks identical to my old ‘59….  This is the Stereo Sound I remember thru 2 Amps….. Best with Headphones..

Edited by Larsongs

7 hours ago, Larsongs said:

This looks identical to my old ‘59….  This is the Stereo Sound I remember thru 2 Amps….. Best with Headphones..

My BB had 2 jacks for 2 mono cables or I think you could plug in one stereo cable into the top jack. I sold it in 2016 or so. Whenever The King was excommunicated. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 hours ago, Larsongs said:

My ‘59 ES345 had one Stereo Input. The Cord was Stereo on one end for Guitar & split to 2 Mono for the Amps..  I forgot to add the Link! Use Headphones for best effect…