Gibson Brands Forums

Show Last Night

Sgt. Pepper

Last night my wife and I (she loves Prince) went to the House Of Blues in N Myrtle and saw Purple Madness. A Prince Tribute Band. They were okay. It was free so what the hell. The fake Prince guy did a few costume changes ala the outfits he wore during his career. They even played a Morris Day And The Time song. Not The Bird the one with the lyrics "Girl I Wanna Know Ya". They played a few of his modern songs like Cream an one other I can't recall. They played all the big Prince ones as you would expect. Sign O The Times (one of my favs) was the encore and not Purple Rain. The entire band was African American and there was no fake Wendy and Lisa. A few women in the audience did there best to dress up real slutty in lingerie, but they were not pulling it off at their age. This is the first time I've been to that venue and I will be seeing Big Head Todd and Eric Johnson there. The fake Prince guy was a lefty and had a fake Cloud Guitar. I took a pic or two but they came out bad. I'll see if my wife got any better ones to post.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper