Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Californiaman...

wicked1

I did miss you guys and gals.

I think I chimed in once while I was in the desert.

The weather the first two days was pretty windy. But it was sunny and that means we stayed at the pool for a few hours each of the three days we were there.

Easter was good, although we didn't get to go to church. Last time we spent Easter with the folks, we went to one of those mega churches in Palm Desert or Laquinta. They had the rockingest church band I ever heard. There were three guitarists who had some pretty good equipment. One was playing a Les Paul through I think a Soldano, the other was playing a Telecaster through a Bogner and the other was playing an acoustic. They were loud and pretty contemporary as Christian music goes.

I did find a copy of Stranger Than Fiction while I was there and watched that Saturday night while we put the Easter baskets for the kids together.

All and all it went pretty well.

Although the over 55 community experience is something that you will have to read about in an upcoming book. My wife and James Allen have been encouraging me to write a book. I've started one and the second will be called Sun City. I can go on and on about how crazy life is in senior place. It's a great setting for a comedy.

Archived