Gibson Brands Forums

To own or be owned - demand caress explore meet

E-minor7

2 minutes ago, 62burst said:

I hate when that happens.

Just place yourself in an armchair and drift along, , , write a tune while flowing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Well, guess you know that formula. . 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2023 at 2:47 PM, Larsongs said:

I agree.. There is also a point where the Guitar is a Conduit between the Player & the Cosmos.. Sometimes a Song comes through that is already done.. It's the Player's job just to play it & write down.. 

YES!  I totally agree!  While I’ve got partially finished  songs that are thirty years old (and I haven’t found where I want to go next with them),  I’ve got others that almost appeared out of thin air and I wrote them in a few hours or less.  Our songs (the human mind) can wander in many different directions (some having no connection to the start of the journey) before they finally find their way home.   Just keep writing and playing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Just place yourself in an armchair and drift along, , , write a tune while flowing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Well, guess you know that formula. . 

I need to write a song about taking-a-nap……..  Endless bits of info I could use.