Gibson Brands Forums

Specs needed for 2015 Les Paul Special DC

adiaz

Hello! I’m considering changing out the bridge P90 soapbar pickup to a custom Seymour Duncan “Humbucker Under a P90”. This guitar came stock with the solderless quick-connect style wiring and I see that I can order the SD with either single or four conductor bare wiring. Without having the guitar nearby is the stock Gibson P90 one or multi conductor wired? I’ve seen photos of the quick connect connectors and some have five conductors. Any info will be greatly appreciated !

I'm not sure I can be much help, but I recall the 2015 DC Specials well. 

The Creamery version of this type of PU gives options for the lead wire as either 'Simple 3 way' or 'Modern 4 way (for coil splits etc).

At the bottom of this page are Gibson links. One of them under 'Support' is Gibson Guitar Specs (2015 - 2019). I cant access this ATM. Maybe you can?

I recall your guitar had a simplified circuit for master vol and tone. I dont recall any push-pull option for coil splits. 

I cant see the SD site listing for the PU but this reverb sale describes a single wire https://reverb.com/uk/item/22376931-seymour-duncan-custom-shop-jb-humbucker-under-p90-dogear-bridge-pickup

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 6:04 PM, merciful-evans said:

I'm not sure I can be much help, but I recall the 2015 DC Specials well. 

The Creamery version of this type of PU gives options for the lead wire as either 'Simple 3 way' or 'Modern 4 way (for coil splits etc).

At the bottom of this page are Gibson links. One of them under 'Support' is Gibson Guitar Specs (2015 - 2019). I cant access this ATM. Maybe you can?

I recall your guitar had a simplified circuit for master vol and tone. I dont recall any push-pull option for coil splits. 

I cant see the SD site listing for the PU but this reverb sale describes a single wire https://reverb.com/uk/item/22376931-seymour-duncan-custom-shop-jb-humbucker-under-p90-dogear-bridge-pickup

The Volume pots can be pulled to switch to single coil but on my SG Standard the wiring is not a PCB.

temp_199.jpg

sg_st264.jpg