Gibson Brands Forums

need a guys opinion on birthday gift (non-guitar related)

pumpkin

Really, Pumpkin, the best birthdays I've ever had that really touched my heart is when someone went through the trouble to get the people I love together to celebrate with me. Put together a party with his favorite people and you've got a winner.

i really like the party/yard thing. it would have to be at his friends house though... we live out in the middle of nowhere & all his friends live in the city. but that wouldnt be a problem to set up.

Bowdiddley wrote:

No, you rock Pumpkin. I hope he know how lucky he is!

I'm sure by now some guys are wondering if you have a sister like you or a best friend...

(not I - I'm happily married) I'm just saying

awwww... yall are sweet.

(and im an only child of an only child & have an only child)

How did you know what I was getting Homz for his b-day????

only on his birthday? those are supposed to be served with coffee in bed on workday mornings.

I would be upset with the yardwork. It sucks, but it's my job and my yard

let me elaborate... its not just a one time yardwork thing. im talking SERIOUS landscaping like around all the edges of the fence, have it tilled up and weed barrier & mulch laid so he wont have to touch the weedeater the whole year.

If you look behind the guitars' date=' you will see the previous Christmas's gift to Homz and our son--a Jimmy Page action figure for Homz and Slash for the boy. =D> Santa's good, ain't he?[/quote']

those are cute too! i love the little bitty guitars though.

Seriously? How would you feel if he got you a new vacuum cleaner for your birthday? Not exactly personal or special.

I'd go with the golf club.

(don't worry dude' date=' we got your back)

[/quote']

ok, i finally thought of the perfect analogy for this. its not like i would be getting him a new weed eater or leaf blower.

it would be the equivelent of him hiring a housekeeper to come in & clean my house SPOTLESS and to make it even better, i wouldnt have to do laundry again for the entire year.

Archived