Gibson Brands Forums

ES-325

I have had a Gibson ES-325 for about 25 years now. It is in great shape and plays great. The seriel number is 106314, and I am having a difficult time looking up what year it was built. Does anyone have any idea? Also, just curious, what do these guitars go for these days?

Thanks, 

Sometime between 72 and 79.  With such a short run, I wonder if the year matters much?  It’s not like having to sort through decades of originals and reissues.  A quick google search shows what they are going for.  On reverb you can see current and sold prices.  

On 1/31/2024 at 9:11 AM, gym-e said:

I have had a Gibson ES-325 for about 25 years now. It is in great shape and plays great. The seriel number is 106314, and I am having a difficult time looking up what year it was built. Does anyone have any idea? Also, just curious, what do these guitars go for these days?

Thanks, 

My go to source for Gibson serial# decoding indicates 1972-1975 which was a really messed up era for Gibson serial#'s. I don't think you'll get the year from just the serial#. See if you can get a dental mirror in the f-hole to get a date code off one of the pots. I have a '69 ES-335 that could have been 1966 or 1969 based on the serial#. A pot date code was late 1968 making 1966 impossible so 1969 was confirmed.

So.. I didn't realize that the 325 has a plastic plate holding the pots. So you won't need a dental mirror. Just remove the screws to the plate so you can see the pot codes.

• 3 weeks later...