Gibson Brands Forums

Solar Eclipse Today.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

That doesn’t seem to be right.  

Once you post the link, I put the cursor at the end of it and hit enter and the picture pops up,

If it’s a pic of a black dog, then that is your link.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

That doesn’t seem to be right.  

Open the image in imgur, a list of link types will open down the side. Tap “direct link”.  Then paste what got copied in your post.  Hit return, image should pop up in a beat or two.  

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Once you post the link, I put the cursor at the end of it and hit enter and the picture pops up,

If it’s a pic of a black dog, then that is your link.

Yes, I used a photo of the new puppy....we call her "Backyard Barbie" 'cause her mom & dad are siblings!    (was a mistake breeding).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Open the image in imgur, a list of link types will open down the side. Tap “direct link”.  Then paste what got copied in your post.  Hit return, image should pop up in a beat or two.  

I'll give this a try later on today.....thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Yes, I used a photo of the new puppy....we call her "Backyard Barbie" 'cause her mom & dad are siblings!    (was a mistake breeding).

Aww, stuff happens.  We got in similar trouble when we brought in a momma cat and her two kittens from the cold.  We did not know much about kitten biology… when we took everyone in to get fixed, we found out we were too late for the little girl.  We ended up with kittens who all had umm, “special needs” and most weren’t expected to make it past kittenhood.  So we decided they would stay with us in our office for their short little lives and we would keep them safe and warm.  Apparently we did a really good job, because they all made through to have long lives. We just lost the last of the crew 17 years later.  Of course, with them all being about the same age, it was pretty miserable for a couple years as they all went around the same time.  

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

Aww, stuff happens.  We got in similar trouble when we brought in a momma cat and her two kittens from the cold.  We did not know much about kitten biology… when we took everyone in to get fixed, we found out we were too late for the little girl.  We ended up with kittens who all had umm, “special needs” and most weren’t expected to make it past kittenhood.  So we decided they would stay with us in our office for their short little lives and we would keep them safe and warm.  Apparently we did a really good job, because they all made through to have long lives. We just lost the last of the crew 17 years later.  Of course, with them all being about the same age, it was pretty miserable for a couple years as they all went around the same time.  

You're a good person, Dog.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans.

We have two Affenpinschers, so I told the wife there was no way we'd keep the new puppy.....but..... she's stolen my heart......so she's here for the long run!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

You're a good person, Dog.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans.

We have two Affenpinschers, so I told the wife there was no way we'd keep the new puppy.....but..... she's stolen my heart......so she's here for the long run!

Terrific!! You too are a wonderful example of a human being.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

I didn’t see “ direct link” as an option.  

https://imgur.com/a/rSkJNWs

I hit return….nothing……

12 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I hit return….nothing……

So. when you are in IMGUR and you have your collection of pictures open, click on the image you want. It will open in a new widow with a list of "copy" options on the right. Click on "copy" in the "direct link" line. Then open the Gibson Forum and go to the link you want to add the picture to. Place your cursor where you want the pic to go and "Right click". Click the "paste" option, (not paste as plain text, or any other paste option.) For a split second you will see the direct link alphanumeric text link appear, and then it will be replaced by the image associated with the "direct link".  You will then see a pop up message indicating you just pasted an image link that will appear as an image, and the pop up gives you an option to switch this type of "pasting" to just show the link address instead. Ignore or dismiss this pop up.

When you click the copy button (direct image link)  in IMGUR, it automatically saves the image address into your PC as if you "right clicked" on an image and then clicked "copy"/"copy image"/"copy image address", so you could right click and click paste when and where you wanted to insert the image. 

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

I hit return….nothing……

Go under your profile icon, open Images.  Click on the image you want to share it should look like this, click the circled link (just fyi, I had trouble uploading this image, so imgur maybe having issues. We’ll see if this one stays up.)

jBp9tTl.jpg

Edited by PrairieDog

17 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

So. when you are in IMGUR and you have your collection of pictures open, click on the image you want. It will open in a new widow with a list of "copy" options on the right. Click on "copy" in the "direct link" line. Then open the Gibson Forum and go to the link you want to add the picture to. Place your cursor where you want the pic to go and "Right click". Click the "paste" option, (not paste as plain text, or any other paste option.) For a split second you will see the direct link alphanumeric text link appear, and then it will be replaced by the image associated with the "direct link".  You will then see a pop up message indicating you just pasted an image link that will appear as an image, and the pop up gives you an option to switch this type of "pasting" to just show the link address instead. Ignore or dismiss this pop up.

When you click the copy button (direct image link)  in IMGUR, it automatically saves the image address into your PC as if you "right clicked" on an image and then clicked "copy"/"copy image"/"copy image address", so you could right click and click paste when and where you wanted to insert the image. 

Okay.... I'm trying this time from my laptop....

https://imgur.com/a/STA3m2j

Still no.....I'm doin' something wrong.

8 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Okay.... I'm trying this time from my laptop....

https://imgur.com/a/STA3m2j

Still no.....I'm doin' something wrong.

Trying my image again, since I see the last one didn’t post right either.  Open your image library to find what you want to link (don’t just use the “grab link” when it first uploads.) Open your image.  Your screen should look like this.  Hit the copy button next to direct link. Then paste that one in your post here.  

7yGAeRx.jpg

Edited by PrairieDog

1 hour ago, PrairieDog said:

Trying my image again, since I see the last one didn’t post right either.  Open your image library to find what you want to link (don’t just use the “grab link” when it first uploads.) Open your image.  Your screen should look like this.  Hit the copy button next to direct link. Then paste that one in your post here.  

7yGAeRx.jpg

I'll give it another try....dang!

21 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

7yGAeRx.jpg

I think I've made progress.  

My images were hidden because I hadn't given them a title or name so posting couldn't happen.

So, my image is now in a window that looks like yours....so I'll try to post the image now to see how it comes out.

Thanks.

Ml1EHfz.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I think I've made progress.  

My images were hidden because I hadn't given them a title or name so posting couldn't happen.

So, my image is now in a window that looks like yours....so I'll try to post the image now to see how it comes out.

Thanks.

There you go! That’s a good looking group of folks!  But just fyi, I never need to name anything, but I have all my “posts”  set to hidden.  Are you maybe posting public? I keep mine hidden so that only folks I share the link with can see the pic. 

18 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

There you go! That’s a good looking group of folks!  But just fyi, I never need to name anything, but I have all my “posts”  set to hidden.  Are you maybe posting public? I keep mine hidden so that only folks I share the link with can see the pic. 

Now don't confuse me......

Do you see Lydia Pense from Cold Blood, leaning on me, right?

Rick Stevens lead singer of Tower Of Power on the right with white pants?

Sal Valentino lead singer of The Beau Brummels in the back talking to Alec Paleo, Grammy Nominated Record Producer?

Gregory Correa, host of the TV Show, "Harmonics" in the stripped shirt in front?

Edited by DanvillRob
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Now don't confuse me......

Do you see Lydia Pense from Cold Blood, leaning on me, right?

Rick Stevens lead singer of Tower Of Power on the right with white pants?

Sal Valentino lead singer of The Beau Brummels in the back talking to Alec Paleo, Grammy Nominated Record Producer?

Gregory Correa, host of the TV Show, "Harmonics" in the stripped shirt in front?

Eep?  Can I claim I live in a cave in the middle of nowhere? I never recognize “real” people out in the world.  I might think, “hey, they look kinda familiar” 😏

I once spent a whole chunk of an evening chatting with the violin player for ELO, the band I just saw, without realizing it.  Figured he must have been a roadie since he was talking to me😆 I’m a famous person’s dream if they want to pass for “normal.” 

• Like 1