Gibson Brands Forums

What Other Forums Do You Visit?

Will get back to the Fretboard (England guitar forum) later this year when I have recovered enough, as I have some amp-related questions...but there is such a pecking order on it. I found that if you give someone the right answer to a question and you by chance jump in before the resident expert, you get told to get out of the nursery!!!!  And apparently I'm not the only one there who is......70!!! Tee.. Hee.  So many of the discussions end up with arguments based on grammatical interpretations, e.g I committed the sin of conflation some years back and that became the issue, not the point I was making. So I apologised, which they weren't expecting. It's generally a very good forum indeed with accurate info, but some contributors get very uptight....which I guess is down to interpretation of the written net.  The mods are always fair and make well-judged decisions IMO.

I also like the Telecaster forum - think Sparq and Ksd mentioned it; there is or was a MIJ 80s Strat forum that I thought was great because I have an E-series neck System lll '83 Strat which has the infamous Series lll tremelo system which looks great but the design means it will never ever work, visually impressive but no more; however the guitar has the best neck/board I ever played on a  Strat, easily as good as my much-missed 1967 which also had a wide flatter than  'normal' rosewood board. Serial no. 161234 anyone?

Apart from that....there are some good NASA sites though I can't find the  X-15 one anymore, the Webb telescope, then there's always BBC news and related which is well put together but sometimes just too much.   If I have plenty of time to completely waste, Imgur is the one!

Jazz guitar be. (Jazz guitar Belgium-I think) is one of several that has excellent transcriptions but you have to subscribe.....and then there is the Ted Greene site....my god. I can recommend a troll through some of the easier bits which have been typeset rather than presented in his handwritten pages, if you want some good jazz. Greene was a incredible player, probably quite autistic, who spent his entire life learning, teaching and playing mostly solo gigs. He made one single album of solo jazz guitar. A lot of the material is just too difficult and time-consuming to even remember without many hours of concentration, but many of the easier bits are great - he really knew some good jazz-blues - if they're in comparatively normal keys.  2 of his books also have a high rep but sections of them are impossible (and pointless) for anyone with normal hands who likes interaction with the outside world!!

Edited by jdgm

Although I don't collect them anymore, I still look at guns, Other than that, Rob and I email each other about every day.  I used to look at racing cars a lot. Just the ones that race down the quarter mile. I used to drag race the NHRA. We won two auto shows and were number one qualifier at Scribner in Pro Gas. 

• Like 1