Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: The Sea (foam) Was Calling….

23 hours ago, duane v said:

Also the contrast between the color finish of the body and the neck. The brown and the green really play nice together.

7 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Yeah the neck is like a wooden ship in the water and the gold hardware and pearl be the pirates booty

Yeah, at first I was a bit startled by the brown contrast, knee jerk wondering why it wasn’t green all the way, but then yeah, visualizing it, the designers were totally spot on.  All green would have been just syrupy.   

And btw, apparently it comes with a dose of island voo doo.  It  has cast some sort of surf music spell on my wife.  Every time she picks it up,  “Pipeline” starts playing. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2024 at 9:17 AM, PrairieDog said:

Every time she picks it up,  “Pipeline” starts playing.

So does she channel "Chantay's", "The Ventures", "**** Dale",  "Agent Orange", "Johnny Thunders", or all of the above? 😜

How is the surfing up there this time of year? I heard catching a wave near you is a "Bear".  LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

So does she channel "Chantay's", "The Ventures", "**** Dale",  "Agent Orange", "Johnny Thunders", or all of the above? 😜

How is the surfing up there this time of year? I heard catching a wave near you is a "Bear".  LOL

😁  hey, don’t laugh.  But it can get a little chilly.   Lake Superior surfing is hot in the winter when the storms come. 

CZXwwYL.jpg

• Like 2