Gibson Brands Forums

burning a hole in my pocket........

onewilyfool

Ok....I just sold one of my guitars today.......Plus I have funds from another guitar I sold........together these funds add up to an amount that can buy ANOTHER guitar......what would you do if you were in my shoes??????

Wait til you get your rebate check in may and really the guitar of your dreams...

I'm in the same boat. I just sold my Larrivee and an Epiphone, which is great except that there are now four contending (and more expensive) replacements on my wish list. A rosewood J45 (i have a perfectly good Hog J45); a Martin HD 28VS ( I have a 12 fret roy smeck); an AJ with adi top/RW back sides ( I have an adi/hog OJ) and a SWD in VSB, this seems to be the only one that wouldn't be redundant. I've never played an SWD but they seem to be well thought of here. So, I can SORT of eliminate the J45 and AJ due to their similarities to my existing guitars. Do i buy my first Martin or go for the SWD? I need guidance!

Wait til you get your rebate check in may and really the guitar of your dreams...

That was my plan too, until I found out they were mailing the rebate checks according to the last two digits of your social security number, which means I won't get mine until July. Don't know if I can wait that long to ease the GAS pains.

If they had mailed the rebates out really quick, I might have convinced my better half that it was patriotic to impulse buy an American (MT) made product. But since she's going to have months to think about it, I'll be lucky of I can just get her to agree that we should use it to offset the $1700 we owe on 4/15.

Hey....I forgot about that rebate check......you know.......I have to give half of it to my wife......I wonder if she would like to go "halfsies" with me on a guitar' date=' we could share it....I could play it and she could watch.......[/quote']

I've tried that logic before with my husband, but he countered with offering to buy an expensive new bicycle and have me watch him ride it.

But you could sing her a really flowery love song on it....!

Archived